How important is it to see a doctor promptly after my accident?

Wed, 06/25/2014 - 20:22 -- Anonymous (not verified)

You are putting your health at risk by delaying treatment so you are better off seeing a health care provider and letting that provider tell you if you are injured or not.  If you have a primary health care provider, call that doctor’s office and advise his staff you were involved in a motor vehicle accident and need to be seen right away.  If they are unable to make an appointment for you within a 48-hours, you should go to an Urgent Care facility, Emergency Room or Chiropractor.  Chiropractors are trained to perform the same physical examination as medical doctors, although a chiropractor